**Association of Lumens Investors**
**Background:** Stellar Development Foundation’s purpose is to promote the use of the Stellar network. SDF purposefully avoids activities or communications that promote XLM as an investment. This wise decision focuses their mission and prevents XLM from ever being considering a security.
**Problem:** While there are millions of XLM investors, nobody directly represents them. Additionally, there are thousands of activist investors willing to donate their time but they do not have an outlet.
**Solution:** An association, funded by members and donations, dedicated to activities that increase the value of XLM
~~\[Like~~ PLEASE COMMENT, it's the only way for me to know who you are\]. this post if you want be be invited to a follow up discussion on Keybase.
Comment with your ideas! Some of my thoughts so far:
* Small ongoing membership fee
* Each member receives Stellar swag
* Highly targeted marketing campaigns & Airdrops - Examples: African smartphone users, wall street and Facebook execs
* Not another Stellar discussion forum!
* HODL increasing amounts of XLM and only spend the interest - possibly use Celsius
* Pay developers to focus on things we care about that are beyond the scope of SDF - example: retail payments