'Ripple Introduces the University Blockchain Research Initiative' - $50 Million In Funding
"We’re excited to announce the University Blockchain Research Initiative \(UBRI\), a collaboration with top universities around the world to support and accelerate academic research, technical development and innovation in blockchain, cryptocurrency and digital payments."
"Ripple has committed over $50 million in funding, subject matter expertise and technical resources to UBRI’s first wave of university partners —17 prestigious institutions around the world. These schools will determine their own research topics and priority areas of focus, while also partnering with Ripple to:
* Collaborate on research and technical development that will stimulate widespread understanding and innovation in blockchain.
* Create new curriculum to meet high student demand for learning about blockchain, cryptocurrency and other FinTech topics.
* Stimulate ideas and dialog among students, faculty, technologists and business leaders on topics of shared interest.
The initial UBRI partners represent a broad cross\-section of geographies and markets, as well as a rich blend of academic disciplines."
"UBRI’s complete list of partners is as follows:
* [Australian National University College of the Law](https://law.anu.edu.au/)
* [CITP at Princeton](https://www.princeton.edu/)
* [CSAIL at MIT](https://www.csail.mit.edu/)
* [Delft University of Technology \(Netherlands\)](https://www.tudelft.nl/en/)
* [Fundação Getulio Vargas \(Brazil\)](https://portal.fgv.br/)
* [Haas School of Business, University of California, Berkeley](https://www.berkeley.edu/)
* [IIT Bombay](http://www.iitb.ac.in/)
* [International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad \(IIIT\-H\)](https://www.iiit.ac.in/)
* [Korea University](https://www.korea.edu/)
* [McCombs School of Business, UT\-Austin](https://www.utexas...