Cake Wallet arrives on desktop! Beta release for Apple Silicon Macs!
We are extremely excited to announce that Cake Wallet is now available on Apple Silicon (M1/M2) Macs as a beta version, with Linux and Windows to come shortly!
Over the years, we have built a user-friendly wallet, and we are happy to bring our open-source, noncustodial Flutter app to desktop for the first time!
Join the TestFlight beta
If you have an M1/M2 Mac and want to help us test, please join our TestFlight and our chat room to send us feedback!
TestFlight link: https://testflight.apple.com/join/f9yFYx9H
Telegram public beta testers room: https://t.me/+TMqcRsrucaAkCi1F
This first release has rough feature parity with the mobile app, including:
- Send and receive Monero, Bitcoin, Litecoin, and Haven!
- Exchange using the best rate automatically!
- Use Cake Pay Mobile (looks like we need a new name!) for USA gift cards.
- Save contacts in the Address Book.
- Restore mobile backups on desktop, and vice versa.
- Easily switch between different wallets with their own seeds.
- Optionally select a manual remote node.
- Full Monero subaddress and account support
Ultimately, we build easy-to-use wallet software, with advanced features available for those who need them!
This is just our first release, and we have a lot of features to work on! Some of these planned features are:
- Allow deleting wallets (not yet supported on desktop)
- Allow biometric authentication (not yet supported on desktop)
- Buy/Sell will be integrated better
- Linux and Windows support (including Tails)
- Coin price chart screens
- News screens
- Background syncing
- Advanced security/hardware features
- More secret stuff :)
Thanks for using Cake Wallet!