EOS Bangalore meetup - First hand experience of community involvement - Really amazing.
Went for my first DLT meetup (So EOS was the first ;-) ) which happened in Bangalore. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much, and sometimes it feels good when things don't go exactly as per your expectations. Here are my takeaways/observations:
- People who attended knew the space and things going on. It wasn't like non-knowledgeable people attending and the organizer just educating them about EOS.
- Not only EOS but people also knew decently about other projects happening in the crypto space.
- Would be around 20-25 people in attendance.
- Mostly devs.
- There were a couple of projects people were working on to deploy on EOS. 1 of them already being on Ethereum and in presale.
- One of project personnel were also contemplating of trying for a block producer position.
- People were excited about EOS. They could see the potential benefits.
- Most people agreed that the immediate major USP for people to start using/converting to EOS was speed & scalability.
This wasn't a very publicly announced meetup, nevertheless, I'm very glad about the kind of people attending, their enthusiasm and willingness to adopt EOS.
All in all, I have been excited about EOS, but having a first hand experience of the community (that too just a small piece), I am even more excited now about the future of this project and the ecosystem around it. Something special is happening. :-)
I have recently had the opportunity to chat with Jacques Whales aka @Bluabaleno, Head of Product development at Novusphere, who is behind the newly launched discussions.app, a reddit style discussion ...
Bitcoin broke above key resistance at $3,800. It’s now eyeing a very strong resistance zone between $4,000 and $4,120 (Coinbase). Daily volume remains strong at $9.9 Billion. This is the highest we’ve...
As many of you know I am a HUGE graphene blockchain fan and this includes the likes of STEEM, BTS, and EOS (As well as WLS and some others built on top of them). I have been following and accumulating...
EOS is a blockchain platform that provides the infrastructure to build decentralized applications, or DApps. But how many people are actually using EOS DApps? A lot more than are using Ethereum DApps,...
The founder and CEO of Telsa, Elon Musk, have recently said that bitcoin is “quite brilliant.” He stated this during an interview and added that crypto is a way better way of transferring value than p...