Newly covered today:
1. Cardano didn’t come up in the Cathie Wood, Jack Dorsey, and Elon Musk panel discussion at “The B Word” event. But, given how Elon repeatedly shot down maximalist explanations for the shortcomings of proof-of-work chains in energy consumption and throughput, the whole thing ended up sounding like a long-form pitch for proof-of-stake and Cardano. Seriously, you should check it out. [https://www.thebword.org/c/track-2-Bitcoin-As-A-Tool-For-Economic-Empowerment](https://www.thebword.org/c/track-2-Bitcoin-As-A-Tool-For-Economic-Empowerment)
2. Emurgo is hiring for community management/product support! [https://twitter.com/emurgo\_io/status/1417870195952168964](https://twitter.com/emurgo_io/status/1417870195952168964)
3. Gary Gensler, SEC Chair, indicates that crypto assets providing synthetic exposure to securities will be regulated as securities. This should be scary news for any Cardano projects that are aimed at exactly that! [https://www.sec.gov/news/speech/gensler-remarks-aba-derivatives-futures-law-committee-virtual-mid-year-program-072121](https://www.sec.gov/news/speech/gensler-remarks-aba-derivatives-futures-law-committee-virtual-mid-year-program-072121)
Previously Covered but still interesting:
1. Reuters reports on an EU digital identity wallet project. [https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/eu-step-up-digital-push-with-digital-identity-wallet-2021-06-01/?taid=60b6e171efd84f0001b64ae1&utm\_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm\_medium=trueAnthem&utm\_source=twitter](https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/eu-step-up-digital-push-with-digital-identity-wallet-2021-06-01/?taid=60b6e171efd84f0001b64ae1&utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter)
2. Vitalik is saying it’s highly unlikely we see ETH 2.0 before late 2022. I’m guessing that means mid 2023 which will be after two years of Cardano slaughtering the entire ETH user base. Things are looking so bad that...
Charles Hoskinson address ADA as one of the greenest and most eco-friendly digital assets.Cardano is a green cryptocurrency that uses approximately the same amount of energy as 600 American houses eve...