There is more to accepting bitcoin payments than simply integrating a payment option on the webstore...
As bitcoin rises in popularity as a payment option, many online merchants are now looking to integrate it into their business.
But, simply adding a payment option isn't the most ideal choice anymore, there are lots of additional steps that merchants need to take to boost their bitcoin payments which are oftentimes overlooked by many.
In addition to choosing the right bitcoin payment gateway, which would include features like,
- Complete control of the funds that you receive
- No KYC/AML requirements (if you want privacy and anonymity)
- Low Fees
- Easy integration to your website (the less technical — the better)
- Secure and Safeguarded transaction
- Excellent customer support
Merchants also need to make sure that they:
- Follow regulatory guidelines
- Give clear instructions to the customers on how to pay with bitcoin
- Offer incentives for using bitcoin (discounts, coupons, etc.)
- Communicate the benefits of bitcoin
- Display the bitcoin option predominately
The idea of bitcoin is still new to a lot of people and merchants need to make sure that their customers are fully able to use bitcoin without much roadblock.
As a merchant have you used any innovative strategy to boost bitcoin payments?
28 May 2023
Sloths and slugs protest that Bitcoin congestion is making them look speedy
Sloths and slugs have reacted angrily this week – as the Bitcoin network has become really really slow for the second week running. One angry sloth fumed: ‘The Bitcoin Congestion is damaging our brand. We’re meant to be the slowest thing on earth. But transactions on Bitcoin are making us redundant…’ Particular fury was reserved
28 May 2023
Relief Rally: A Brief Overview
Relief rally learn about it: sudden surges in the stock market after a period of uncertainty or market downturn. Read now!
27 May 2023
Ark Challenges Lightning ⚡, Hong Kong Allows BTC Trading 🇭🇰, Dubai to Build ₿itcoin Tower 🇦🇪
Get rewarded with 5000 Free Sats for every successful referral to this carefully curated weekly newsletter with high signal summaries of the best in Bitcoin