#**The Open Application Network (OAN): Solving the Unintended Consequences of Platform Economies**
* The OAN's launch announcement -
* The OAN's vision to solve Platform Problems -
* “How The Open Application Network is Making Blockchain Mainstream” (community content) - [link.medium.com/6jyUHnzYj4](https://link.medium.com/6jyUHnzYj4)
* The OAN's Q4/EOY 2019 Transparency Report - [theoan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Open_Foundation_Q4_Report_2019.pdf](https://theoan.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/Open_Foundation_Q4_Report_2019.pdf)
* Messari's breakdown - [messari.io/article/a-quick-breakdown-of-the-open-foundation-s-annual-transparency-report-for-2019](https://messari.io/article/a-quick-breakdown-of-the-open-foundation-s-annual-transparency-report-for-2019)
* **What is The Open Application Network (OAN)?**
>The OAN is the open-source public blockchain infrastructure aiming to solve Platform Problems through Open Apps.
* **What is AION?**
>AION is the digital asset underlying The OAN to pay for network use (deploy and run Open Apps; transaction fees) and to reward miners and stakers for securing the network.
* **What are Platform Problems?**
>Most of the internet is controlled by large companies that are platforms for multiple stakeholders (e.g. consumers, content/service providers, advertisers) to do business — think YouTube, Amazon, Shopify, Uber/Lyft, Postmates, and other gig platforms. Given the incentives for profits and without neutral negotiating ground, we are starting to see problems arise when platform stakeholder interests become misaligned. Open Apps allow existing and new businesses to leverage the security, transparency, and permissionless features of blockchain to their applications without a steep learning curve.
* **What are Open Apps?**
>Open Apps are applications that include the sec...